INTRODUCTION by Jim Puplava On March 31, 2007 I had the opportunity to interview Dr. Patrick M. Byrne, Chairman and CEO of Overstock.com on Financial Sense Newshour [FSN]. Dr. Byrne was interviewed by Bloomberg News' Michael Schneider on March 14, 2007, the transcript of this interview titled 'Phantom Shares,' Failed Trades and Naked Shorts (Transcript) is still available on Bloomberg.com. This interview, coupled with Dr. Byrne's explosive slide presentation of the not-so-hidden corruption in our financial markets called, The Dark Side of the Looking Glass: the Corruption of Our Financial Markets, motivated me to do my own investigation. In my FSN Annual Year End Review for 2007, Part 1, I briefly touched the significance of my interview with Patrick Byrne. Since then and throughout 2008, I have personally witnessed this abhorrent and perverse action in junior mining shares. I am so appalled by this rampant abuse, that I began a series on Financial Sense Newshour's "The Big Picture" to expose this "Crime of the Century" [COTC] to our listeners. The quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" is often attributed to Edmund Burke. It is my fervent belief that Financial Sense visitors are identified as good men and women, who search for uncommon truth in their quest to become wise investors. In this regard, Financial Sense hopes to provide accurate information in this series so that we all can do something to stand against this evil practice of naked short selling.
MUST LISTEN TODAY!!
July 12, 2008 Special interview:
The Greatest Crime in History
Jim Puplava's interview with Bob Burrell exposes the rampant naked short selling of the past 30 years which has led to the the destruction of the financial markets leading the meltdown of the US and world economies that you see today. This interview exposes that this has been pervasive throughout all the financial markets and the game that is being played on a global scale... Please take the time to at least to pass it on to your friends even if you have no interest, because the knowledge in this interview may have a lasting effect on their lives, and listen to it yourself. It is to say the least, a real "eye opener."
This whole debacle looks to be setting up the Bank For International Settlements as the new global central bank overseeing the whole global financial industries including insurance, mortgage, and banking.
These are the same owners of the Federal Reserve PRIVATE Bank who are running this game, and saying that the Fed is being shut down is just smoke and mirrors, and a precursor to the globalization of what was the US national economic system and the sovereignty of our nation. You better wake up America before you have nothing left! ~ The White Rose Resistance
LISTEN TO: Interview with Bud Burrell
Financial Sense Newshour - Crime of the Century Broadcast series
Crime of the Century, Part 1: The Agency Issue: Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption & Crimes Against Investors with Eric King
FSN Ask the Expert Interview: Patrick M. Byrne
"The Dark Side of the Looking Glass"
Financial Sense Editorial Resources
Chairman Harvey Pitt Speech to Coalition Against Phantom Training November 16, 2007, Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C. pdf format, 15 pages
Naked Short Selling: The Problem and the Solution pdf format, 4 pages with extensive references
Financial Sense Search Engine on "Naked Short Selling" Various articles by contributors with reference to naked short selling
Filing a ComplaintCanadian Securities Administrators [CSA] Ontario Securities Commission [OSC] U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC]
Financial Regulator Fact Sheets The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation [DTCC] U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC] Key Points About Regulation SHO Regulation SHO - Amendments Federal Register Short Sale Restrictions Short Sales
- Junior Investor Takes Action - email and response from Ontario Securities Commission
- Got Gold Report Comments on Proposed SEC Short Sale Rule S7-08-08 - Resource Investor
- S.E.C. Ends Decades-Old Price Limits on Short Selling - NY Times, 06/14/08
- Deep Capture Blog - investigative reports
- Deep Capture the movie: How Wall Street criminals hijacked the institutions that are supposed to be protecting us from them." by Patrick M. Byrne
- The Dark Side of the Looking Glass by Patrick M. Byrne (businessjive.com)
- Chairman Harvey Pitt's "Top 10" Recommendations YouTube.com
- SEC Chairman Christopher Cox on Short Selling YouTube.com
- EMII: SEC Revs Up Short-Sale Crackdown YouTube.com
- The Sanity Check blog hosted by Bob O'Brien
- The Dark Side of the Looking Glass: the Corruption of Our Financial Markets by Patrick M. Byrne
- InvestigatetheSEC.com blog hosted by Dave Patch
- Miscreants' Ball by Patrick Byrne, Overstock.com
- Testimony of Gary J. Aguirre, Esq Before the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary June 28, 2006 December 5, 2006 Part 1 December 5, 2006 Part 2 Introduction to Level II Quotes by Justin Kuepper on Investopedia
Message Board Bashers
- Be aware of stock manipulators (AKA Board Bashers) If you believe your stock message board has been corrupted by these individuals, please report them to your local message board. Each board has a link to report abuse. USE IT!
- The FBI defines an Internet crime as follows:
- Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.
- Review the FBI's FAQ on Internet crimes and submit a complaint at Internet Crime Complaint Center